Caprese sandwich, but a little different. Due to the roasted tomato. Very delicious!!!
Not much blogging today. Off to Barcelona now… Will look out for some city secrets 🙂
Have a great weekend!
Mozzarella Balsamic Tomato Sandwich
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 large handfuls basil leaves (about 1 oz)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sliced tomatoes on a flat pan greased with olive oil. Drizzle the tops with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- On the broil setting, bake the tomatoes in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure the tomatoes arenâ€™t sticking.
- Place a few basil leaves on each slice of the bread. Add the roasted tomatoes and top with mozzarella.
- Grill on a panini or foreman grill for several minutes until the cheese has melted.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Source: Partial Ingredients