Sweet potato fries
I used to make roasted vegetables all the time. It’s a real taste explosion if you ask me! These fries are like that, just a different way of preparing. It’s the healthy variation of fries. And so easy to make. You cut sweet potatoes, fry them in a pan with coconut oil – et voila!
SHARE LOVE NOT SECRETS PRINCIPLES: PURE FOOD PREPARATION + BALANCE + ENJOY!
Principle one of my blog is: preparing as much as possible from scratch. The other two principes are: balanced diet and enjoy whatever you eat. To me that means: healthy living and no stress about food. That also means that you’ll find recipes on my blog like mayonnaise, brownies, lemon curd, etc. As long as the preparation is pure and something ‘not as healthy’ is not overdone, it’s more than ok by me. Just promise me that you’ll enjoy it as much as possible ;). Anything really… from a great salad, to thé brownie or these fries…. with mayonnaise of course!
FRIES WITH MAYO
Fries without a sauce is not an option… I like to make homemade mayonnaise. Check out the basic recipe for mayonnaise. You can make your own variation with different spices or fresh herbs.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Clean the potatoes - I use a special exfoliating glove and don't peel them.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into long strips.
- Heat a high pan with coconut oil - on low heat. Melt the coconut oil.
- Bake the potatoes in the oil.
- Take the fries out and let drain.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon and optional fresh thyme.