I’m nuts about anything lemony. So… lemon curd must be one of the secrets!
- 100 g dairy butter
- 3 organic lemons
- 125 g caster sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- Au bain-marie pan or pan with fitting bowl
- Whisk or wooden spoon
- Cut the butter in small pieces and grate the -well cleaned- lemons. Squeeze the lemons.
- Stir the butter with the sugar, lemon peel and juice au bain-marie (metal bowl and pan with hot water). Make sure the mixture won't get to hot.
- Add the egg yolks en continue stirring till the mixture becomes thick (don't boil the water).
- Pour the lemon curd in a jar and store it in the fridge when it's chilled.
- You can save it for about a week.