Lemon Curd Jump to recipe
I’m nuts about anything lemony. So… lemon curd must be one of the secrets!
Lemon curd is great with scones, cake or pie (lemon cloud meringue). I always thought it was kind of difficult to make it. But it ended up being pretty easy. YAY! And it’s oh-so-yummie… ENJOY.
- 100 g dairy butter
- 3 organic lemons
- 125 g caster sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- Au bain-marie pan or pan with fitting bowl
- Whisk or wooden spoon
- Cut the butter in small pieces and grate the -well cleaned- lemons. Squeeze the lemons.
- Stir the butter with the sugar, lemon peel and juice au bain-marie (metal bowl and pan with hot water). Make sure the mixture won't get to hot.
- Add the egg yolks en continue stirring till the mixture becomes thick (don't boil the water).
- Pour the lemon curd in a jar and store it in the fridge when it's chilled.
- You can save it for about a week.