My previous boyfriend Jurriaan, he passed away 5,5 years ago, was a real great cook. I was super spoiled with him and hardly ever cooked myself. The things I did cook failed often. Pretty much gave it up ;). Or I’d call him, when I was living in a student flat and cooking for friends, to ask him how exactly I had to make a certain dish.
And call him again and again… I still don’t like, that I can’t ask him any more how to make something. But I think (know for sure) he’d love, that I picked up on cooking… 🙂
Once, when we went on holiday by car, to the South of Europe, he made a really nice egg salad for our road trip. The best egg salad I’ve ever tasted. Never asked him how he made it so yummie. I found this recipe and think that it comes close. <3
A great salad together with some toast! Oh and this is how you make the perfect hard boiled eggs:
- Place eggs in a large saucepan with cool water (1 inch). Bring the water to a boil with medium heat. When the water has reached a boil, cover the eggs with a lit and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- 1 pinch of curry powder
- Chop the cooked eggs finely and mix in a bowl with the chopped shallots, chives, mayonnaise and cream. Apply the mixture if necessary to taste with salt and pepper and add a pinch of curry powder. Let the mixture covered by pulling about 1 hour in the fridge.
Serve with fresh toast and butter or use the salad as part of a buffet.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s)