Just went to the gym. Got home and felt like a healthy snack. And guess what I found in my fridge… These yummie bars I made yesterday! Yep home made No Bake Peanut Butter Bars. A damn good snack. And you know what? You make the plain bars in 10 minutes. Want to add the chocolate coat? Add about 5 minutes more. Easy peasy! 🙂
I adapted this recipe from TheJoyOfEveryDayCooking.com. Pinterest took me there a while ago. The plain bars are good! And the chocolate layer makes it ever better :-D. You only need three ingredients for the plain bar. The chocolate layer: same story. Just make sure you always have: oats, honey, peanut butter, (raw) cacao, maple syrup and coconut oil in your kitchen cabinet and you’re good to go!
Suggestion: play around with different dry fruits and nuts. And you have kids? I bet they’ll love this healthy snack.
- >> The bar:
- 3 cup oats
- 1 cup peanut butter (a little less will do)
- 1 cup honey (a little less will do)
- >> Chocolate coating:
- 1/4 cup (4 table spoons) cocosoil
- 1/4 cup (4 table spoons) (ras) cacao
- 2 table spoons maple syrup
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a heavy saucepan and heat on low until thoroughly combined and becomes a liquid consistency.
- Mix in oats and stir.
- Press into a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with the cacao and maple syrup.
- Cover the bars with a chocolate layer.
- Cover and let set overnight.