Banana, Walnut and date breadJump to recipe
To my opinion, not everything needs to be sugar free, gluten free…. “everything”-free. I guess I’m blessed with being able to eat everything. I believe that when you eat all the ‘bad’ stuff balanced (+ as clean/pure as possible + enjoy what ever you eat/drink)… the recipe to a stressfree happy foodie life!
Anyhow, some people (more and more ) really need to be careful about what they eat. One of my best friends is gluten intolerant. Now and then she sends me recipes to try, like this one. And you know what, this is really the first thing that I made “everything”-free that I absolutely LOVE!!! It’s so good, you don’t have a clue it’s so healthy. So… worth sharing <3!
Thanks Nikki!!! It’s amazing :-D.
- 3 eggs
- 3 medium or 2 large bananas
- 2 cups of ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and dates
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Blitz the bananas in a food processor until pureed.
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients, together with the dates and nuts, and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs, together with the honey and almond extract, and add to the dry ingredients. Add the banana puree and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread tin. I use a silicone bread tin so don’t need to grease it. If not using silicone, then grease your tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375oF / 190oC for 30 – 35 mins (time varies depending on the oven). For fan assisted ovens bake at 355oF / 170oC . If you find the bread is becoming too brown after about 10-15 minutes, place some tin foil over the mixture for the remainder of the baking time.
- A toothpick should come out clean when the bread is fully cooked.
- Remove the bread from the tin and allow to cool on a wire tray.
- This bread will keep in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week, if it lasts that long!
Yes Tina, it’s delicious!!!
Craving this right now!! x:o)