For the foodblogswop March (foodies make recipes from each others blog), I was linked to the blog Food Style by weight consultant Kim van der Wel (yes Kim, here it is;)). On her blog you find delicious and super healthy dishes and snacks for every moment of the day. It’s a Dutch blog, but I’m more than happy to share one of her recipes with you in English.
Walnut pesto from scratch
I chose a pesto recipe. This naturally fits right up my alley, since I prefer everything from scratch. By using walnuts instead of the usual pine nuts, I gave it a slightly different spin. Voila walnut pesto!
- 50 grams of basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 grams of walnuts
- coarse sea salt
- 50 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Toast the walnuts short and let them cool.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Put all the ingredients + a little bit olive oil in a food processor and blend until it becomes smooth.
- Add olive oil until you have the desired substance (one full cup makes the pesto quite thin).
- Add sea salt and a little pepper to taste
Photo: in collaboration with my friend photographer Alexander David