Raw Cacao Almond Butter Cups
It was my plan to blog three times a week. Monday: Juicy- or shake-it-Monday. Wednesday a juice pulp recipe. Preferably one from the Monday-pulp. And Friday another recipe. It can be anything. From pasta to dessert, something healthy to a guilty pleasure, from sweet to savory and so on.
Waiting till Friday with sharing this mindblowing-super-yummie treat? Don’t think so!
Cacao almond butter cups
Recently I’ve seen some really-nice-raw-cocoa-butter-almond-like-recipes. In preparation of those tempting snacks, I already made some almond butter. Among the different options I found this recipe from This Rawsome Vegan Life very interesting (very inspirational blog by the way!) You only need five (!) ingredients and it’s easy to make.
Several of my friends/family tasted this so far.. and they go a little nuts over it. It’s soooooo delicious!!!
You need: cupcake papers and (optional) a cupcake tin.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup syrup like date syrup, agave syrup, maple syrup, etc.
- sea salt
- 12 teaspoons almondbutter
- Melt the coconut oil and add the cacao and syrup.
- Fill the cupcake tins with 1 tablespoon of the cacao mixture.
- Leave the first layer in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Fill the cupcakes ramekins with 1 teaspoon almond butter each. Make this layer as flat as possible.
- Fill the forms with an extra layer cacao mix, until the almond butter is no longer visible.
- Leave for 20 minutes in the freezer. By that time these yummie snack should be ready.
- Before serving: sprinkle with sea salt.
- Store the cups in the freezer.
Recipe: This Rawsome Vegan Life