Farfalle with Zucchini & Dill Jump to recipe
It’s spring. So let’s eat happy-spring-pastas! It definitely makes me a lot happier than the grey clouds above Amsterdam (and around)!
This recipe comes from the great cookbook Garden Cook Book/Vers uit de tuin from gardener, writer ánd television presenter, Sarah Raven. It tells you (in +400 recipes) all about the fruit & veggies per season and month. Other than herbs, I don’t grow my own veggies. Maybe time to give that a try!
Do you grow your own veggies?!
Anywhow, this zucchini pasta is lovely. Simple & tasty. You make it in about 40 minutes.
Farfalle with Zucchini & Dill
- 6 small zucchinis, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 30 g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- small bunch dill, chopped
- 350g farfalle
- quite a lot of grated Parmesan cheese
- Put the zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let them drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Fry the onion and garlic 10 minutes in the butter and oil over low heat. Add the courgettes and cook for 5 minutes. Make sure all the veggies won't color. Add the sour cream or crème fraîche and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer, add the dill and immediately take the pan off the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the farfalle al dente in a pot of lightly salted boiling water. Drain the pasta and toss it to the zucchini sauce. Add Parmesan cheese (lots :)).
Source: Vers uit de tuin