I couldn’t be happier, so why should I be cooking (“Do more of what makes you happy” >> cooking for me)?! No, just kiddin’. We gotta eat!. And cooking, yes it still makes me even háppier. :-D.
So I made this very yummie-super-healthy Pomegranate Bulgur Salad. I really the easiest thing in the world. Perfect for summer with the mix of a fresh and sweet taste.
Today me and my friends are going to Lowlands Festival. Woohoo camping, great music & lots of fun. Will bring this salad for on the road… Not bad. The next days we’ll have just hamburgers & beer. 😉
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine bulgur and salt. Top with boiling water and cover bowl with a plate until water is absorbed, 30 minutes.
- Toss with scallions, parsley, mint, raisins, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, and olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.