Everything from scratch! That’s what makes me happy. Of course it’s not possible to make everything at home, but as much as possible please and pizza dough: for sure!
It doesn’t take much time and is totally worth it when you make a whole batch (it’s totally worth it anyways). This recipe gives you 8 small/medium sized (very thin & crispy) pizza bottoms. You can store the dough balls separately in the freezer and defrost the dough in about 20 minutes by room temperature when you feel like pizza!
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast*
- 1/2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a bowl. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the yeast mixture and stir until it comes together.
- Make 8 smal dough balls and place on a large plate.
- Cover with a clean damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 20–30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.*
- Roll out the pizza dough and make a thin pizza bottom.
- Add cheese, veggies etc. as desired.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven (220 ºC - 420 ºF) until it's crispy and brown.