Sometimes I don’t have so much time to spend on my dinner. In that case a microwave meal, pizza, take-away or something like that will do. But it’s not what I prefer. I prefer home cooked healthy food.
When you have stuff to do at home and you want your dinner to get ready in the mean time. This is what you do:
- Check out your fridge for left-over veggies, for example 1 zucchini, 1 fennel, 1 red pepper etc. Also look for potatoes, unions, garlic and herbs.
- Got it? Now can make a super meal with roasted veggies
- Don’t have it, or not enough? Maybe buy that pizza any ways.
Making roasted veggies has a few benefits
- It’s very healthy: Veggie Bomb!
- You can use all of your left over veggies
- It’s not very expensive
- And last but not least: it’s super yummie!
Making the veggies is a matter of cutting, mixing some oil & herbs & slide it in the oven. In the meantime you can make a nice mayonnaise & mustard mix for the veggies and you still have plenty of time to continue your work or fold your laundry ;).
Don’t forget about the (rosemary) potatoes… They taste like fries…
- >> A few tasty 'grill vegetables" - for example:
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Fennel
- Piece of pumpkin
- 3 Small Roseval potatoes
- + a lemon
- >> The veggies shrink quit a bit, so make sure you've a full oven plate. That will do for one person as main course or two small portions.
- Fresh and dry herbs like:
- - Rosemary
- - Thyme
- - Dill
- - Salt
- - Pepper
- >> For roasting & dipping:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mayonnaise and mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash the vegetables (+lemon), cut them into slices/chunks and mix them in a bowl. Mix the olive oil with different (fresh) herbs and some salt & pepper. Mix some fennel seeds with the oil in case you have some at home. Oh and sliced almonds are nice too.
- Mix the oil with the vegetables. Place the vegetables in a shallow dish in the oven and wait. How long? About an hour or a more. Till the veggies look ready and a little crispy.
- Make a sauce with a mix of mayonnaise and mustard.