Also very nice without the pulp, just with avocado!
There is one juice that I drink most of the time: the ultimate juice, the detoxer, green juice, the kick-my-ass and wake- me-up-before-we-go-go juice. This juice contains apple, cucumber, ginger, lemon and wheatgrass. I usually drink it 2-3 times a week in the morning. Half a litre … I’ve been so into pulp recipes, but didn’t use this pulp before… I know, it was about time I’d come up with something that suits this pulp. And now it’s here: the spread!
I can go crazy for a healthy spread on good bread. I guess I have a huge soft spot for delicious bread. Must be because of the family of my mothers side: a bakery family… Bakkerij Swart” used to be my grandparents bakery- the house where my mom grew up-. Later on my uncle and aunt took over and now it’s my cousin and his wife’s bakery. I moved away from the bakery village (“Wervershoof”) where I grew up years ago. But when I ‘m there, I always bring home something tasty. And they’ve lots of delicious products!
Thankfully in Amsterdam, where I live, there are plenty of good bread options too. I live right next to the Northern Market. On Saturdays, that’s where you’ll find the organic farmer market on the square. It’s packed with stalls where the most amazing good fruit, veggies, oils, breads etc. – are sold. So yes: bread! Le Perron is the place to go for amazing bread. That’s where I bought the bread that you see in this blogpost. I have to admit… only with a little bit of good olive oil and salt I ‘m already delighted.
I don’t use all the pulp from the green juice for this spread. So make sure you divide the pulp in advance (peel the apples too, if you prefer that). When I juice, I start with the apples and cucumber. I use this for this spread.
- Apple and cucumber pulp of the ultimate green juice (peel apples if desired) (about 1 cup)
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 apple
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Little bit lemon juice
- Optional / if you like spicy : chili flakes
- Start juicing the apples and cucumber and keep it separately for the spread. (I don't use the rest of the pulp -gember , lemon and wheatgrass)
- Puree the pulp in a kitchen machine with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add avocado and turmeric .
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Peel an apple and cut it into small pieces. Mix with the spread.
- Spread it on your toast/bread and add some chili flakes if you like!