Homemade mayonnaiseJump to recipe
Nothing better than home made sauces! I have never made mayonnaise before, but it’s really not as difficult as I thought. Or I was scared to use raw eggs > use fresh eggs. Anyhow… it’s sooooo worth it!
Make your mayonnaise variation!
This recipe is for a basic mayonnaise, but you can go from here and make all kinds mayo’s. I made a garlic, lemon and parsley version. All really nice. You just add your favorite herb or spice to the basic mayo and continue adding it till you’re happy! Add this mayo to roasted veggies or sweet potato fries.
- 2 egg yolk from a super fresh egg
- Juice of 2 lemons or 4 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp mustard
- 7 dl olive oil or sunflower oil
- Peper and salt
- Stir the egg yolk with mustard, lemon juice/vinegar.
Stir very well and don't start with the next step to quick!
- Slowly add the oil, a little more, while stirring.
- You'll notice that the mayonnaise will become thinker when you add the oil.
- Add pepper and salt to taste
- If the mayo dissolves, add extra egg yolk.
Source: Mijn Receptenboek