No pulp? Use grated carrot or beetroot!
You just wanna cook all day, are granddaughter of a baker, try not to waste any food and juicing fanatically since the past month. Pretty inevitable that you start to experiment with juice pulp! Sounds like me ;).
From the moment I started juicing I thought ‘hey, that pulp, can you still use that?” So I started looking for the different options. Result: there are quite a few nice things you can make from veggie pulp. In the beginning I was juicing mostly beet and carrot (right now I’m a little more in the green juice phase). The pulp of these veggies happen to be really good for baking.
Veggie pulp cake
I started making pulp cake. Later on cookies and burgers. Sometimes I make two cakes a week. I mean, I have the pulp and it’s pretty easy. As a experienced veggie pulp baker, you’ll have a delicious cake in your oven glove within an hour. It’s really is a piece of cake!
I think that most of my friends know my veggie pulp cake by now. Of course I took a cake to the Tarwegraskoning. They love it!
Experimenting for the best veggie pulp cake!
I experimented a lot before I developed the right recipe for the veggie pulp cake. Viola, see it here :-D!
You have a sweet tooth? Add the optional banana and dates.
- 2 cups pulp (beet or carrot) or grated carrot or beets
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey, maple or agave syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- >> optional
- 1 mashed banana
- 6 dates
- Preheat the oven > 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix the coconut oil and syrup.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and pulp (and optionally, the banana). Mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add this mix to the the pulp. Mix well.
- Add the raisins and nuts (and optionally: dates) and
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- If the top of the cake gets dark quickly, cover with aluminum foil till the cake is done.
Are you making one? I’m very curious about your result. Let me know!
Do you wonder, what this juice blog about?
I write the juice part of my blog in collaboration with the Tarwegraskoning.
Auke from the Tarwegraskoning is telling me all about a super healthy lifestyle and I share my juice / healthy lifestyle experiences here.
Wanna join the healthy lifestyle? Or you have a question? Let me know!